Sunday, March 24, 2013

Christmas!



Our Tradition of Reading the 12 Days of Christmas:
 haha oh my Ols :)


Ward Party:


Stephens Extended Family Christmas Party- Christmas Eve:
Doing a Christmas gift to dad- these were the pictures we had left while filming it.

Grandpa thought it was fitting to have Oli and I be Mary and Joseph for the Christmas Nativity. I can honestly say that I find Mary to be such a remarkable woman for traveling on a donkey to Jerusalem while being pregnant with Christ. She is an amazing woman, and I was honored to portray her. This Christmas I spent time really focusing on the birth of Christ. Being pregnant at this special time really put into perspective how amazing this story really is.
 However on a less serious note, I will have to admit that it was quite fun to have Daniel be my donkey... :)











Nan photo-bombing both pictures on purpose haha


Mom and Dad's Christmas Party after Grandma and Grandpa Stephens Christmas Party- Christmas Eve Night:





Our Christmas-Christmas Day Morning:
We said we weren't going to do a Christmas since we have been buying so much before the babies and everything... but Santa went out and bought some things without me knowing it and surprised us on Christmas morning!  It was a very special Christmas morning.
Santa already had everything wrapped, Christmas music playing, all of our Christmas lights on, and he even had our shoes next to our presents, which has been a Portuguese tradition in our family all of my life (the baby girls even had their little shoes out- that was such a tender moment for me haha). We walked down the stairs in single file line- a tradition my parents have done my whole life as well- and we did the whole "look around" from the stairway to see all of the presents Santa had brought us. I can't say how much this Christmas meant to me this year. Thanks Santa, I love you :)
Random: The picture on the top far right is Oli wrapping the gifts for the Geary Christmas party that night.
 










My Parent's House on Christmas Day:


Geary Family Christmas Party- Christmas Evening:



Christmas 2012 was nothing like the others.
With the sickness of my dad right at this time; I recognized how important everyday is. Being surrounded by those you love and being able to wake up everyday knowing that the Savior is watching over you and is with you is the best gift that we can really have.
This Christmas is one that I will never forget...

No comments:

Post a Comment